Covasna is the most remarkable health resort of the County with the same name. For a while before the 20th century it was the centre of the historical "Orbai Seat". There are several mineral water springs with different composition suitable for spas and drinking cures. Covasna has flourished as a health resort since 1880's. In 1881 the fundamental regulation of the spa's activity was elaborated when the ''Devil Swamp Bath Institute'' was opened for the public.
The mineral water from Covasna won gold medal at the Trieste mineral water world-exhibition in 1882. The town's name originates from the Slavic world ''kvas'', which means ''sour''. Nowadays the town is visited by many tourists who mostly come for treatment.